I’ve written before, but not my own blog. I had taken a break over the past year and decided to return to writing while I was home during maternity leave. My first blog post was August 1, 2017 and I’m so excited to already be nominated for the Liebster Award. A big THANK YOU to The Wordy Mom for nominating and selecting me for this award.
The Liebster Award is an honor because it is chosen by fellow bloggers. It was created by bloggers, for new bloggers. I have to say the blogging community has been such a support since I’ve started this journey. The Wordy Mom was nominated and selected 7 nominees, myself included. It is now my job to answer 10 questions that she specifically selected for me and nominate at least 5 bloggers myself. Here goes…
What’s your blogging niche?
My niche is motherhood, and all of the joy and challenges that come along with it. It includes activities and tips, recipes and arts & craft ideas. Another focus of my blog is on self-care, and my blog features a weekly Mom-Care Monday segment with ideas for self care.
On a personal level, what do you get out of blogging?
I’ve always been creative and artsy…whether it be drawing, scrapbooking, photography, or writing. I’ve found joy in writing and am happy to return to it after having taken a break. With writing a blog I can relate to other moms or readers and hope to give some helpful tips.
Besides blogging, do you have any other creative outlets?
I would love to take an art class…either drawing or painting. Finding the time is hard. In the meantime I’ve put my creative juices into making art projects for my son.
If you could give a new blogger one piece of advice, what would that be?
First I would say go with the niche that you truly will find joy writing about. Secondly I would normalize how it can be overwhelming…not necessarily the writing but the web design, where to start, how to get your name out there, making the correct images for each platform. I would say take a breath, join blogging communities, and don’t feel you have to rush it. But also don’t let all the scary overwhelmingness keep you from taking the jump.
Breakfast in bed, reading in the tub…Describe one ritual you cherish.
To be honest I wish I had more time to do things like this…thus my Mom-Care Monday weekly feature that focuses on self care since I realize it can be tough as a parent or caregiver to use self care. I’ve also realized through the years that self care can be reflected in different ways…large or small. The ritual I cherish most out of them all would be taking a hot shower with my nature sounds spa music on, kid free.
Who’s your favorite musical artist, and why?
This is a toughy for me. I love music, and it’s hard for me to pick just one. I’ve always enjoyed MANY different genres of music from pop, r&b, country, oldies, etc. My favorites always seem to bring me back to my favorite 90s and early 2000s artists. It may be the memories associated with it, or just the style of music in that era. The artists over the years that I enjoy include Justin Timberlake, Aaliyah, Usher, Beyonce, Kenny Chesney as well as the oldies: Roy Orbison and girl group greats.
Introvert or extrovert?
I would say I’m more of an extrovert, but there are definitely times where I’m okay being the quiet one or just staying at home.
Dog person, cat person, neither, or both?
Dog person hands down. While I have had cats and loved the 2 we had, I inherited them when my husband and I moved in together while dating, I am allergic and they’re just not for me. Dogs have my heart.
Would you consider yourself to be a risk taker?
I’m somewhere in the middle, depending on the circumstance. I tend to lean more towards playing it safe now adays I’d say. When I was 18 on the other hand I crossed skydiving off my bucket list!
If you were being sent to a desert island and only allowed to take one thing (not person) with you, what would you take?
I think about survival needs but also entertainment to keep my sanity. A knife would be helpful…water!…sunscreen for my pale skin…a deck of cards or radio/music for entertainment.
Now it’s time to nominate some fellow bloggers for the Liebster Award 2017. The nominees are…
- Hannah of Creating Happiness With Hannah
- Lori at Glutton for Chaos
- Jenny at Greener On Charlie’s Side
- Kate at Fit4Strength
- Jenn at Joyful Lane of Life
Congrats! If you’d like to accept this nomination it’s your turn to write a Liebster Award 2017 blog post. In your post please follow these simple Liebster Award rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award (thismamaneedschocolate.com)
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you (again, thismamaneedschocolate.com)
- Upload the award to your blog. It can be done as a blog or on the sidebar.
- Answer the questions you have been asked below
- Nominate 5 blogs with followers less than 200 that you believe deserve to receive the award. If you feel others deserve the award, then you are welcome to nominate more.
- Notify the nominated bloggers so that they can accept the award. Bloggers can be nominated more than once, giving their readers more chances to learn more about them.
Here are 10 questions for my Liebster Award nominees.
- What made you decide to create your own blog?
- What’s your blogging niche?
- What is something you like to do for fun?
- If you could give a new blogger one piece of advice, what would that be?
- Breakfast in bed, reading in the tub … Describe one ritual you cherish.
- Who’s your favorite holiday and why?
- If you could have dinner with one person, who would it be?
- Dog person, cat person, neither or both?
- Would you consider yourself to be a risk taker?
- If you were being sent to a desert island and only allowed to take one thing (not person) with you, what would you take?
I look forward to reading your answers!
~ KIM ~