Last year around this time I was racking my brain for something creative to bring to my son’s preschool for their holiday party. I was looking for something fun and cute that the kids would love, but let’s be serious I was also looking for something that wouldn’t take forever to make.
This DIY snowman donut was a school treat that filled all those things I was looking for. I’ve listed the steps below on how to make them. Enjoy!
What you’ll need:
- 2 packages of mini powdered donuts (depending on the size of your child’s class you might need more or less. You will need 3 donuts per snowman)
- Black construction paper
- White computer paper
- Black and orange marker or sharpie
- 1 package of small sandwich bags (not the zipper kind)
- Red ribbon
- Scotch tape
- Stickers of your choice
- Freestyle the shape of a top hat on the black construction paper and cut one hat for each student.
- Type your message on the computer and print on white computer paper. We went with Merry Christmas ❤️ Name. If you don’t have access to a computer or printer simply write you message. Be sure to test out the print size to match your hat size.
- Cut your message out into squares.
- Tape your white paper with the holiday message onto the black hat cut out.
- Place 3 mini powdered donuts in each sandwich bag, lining them up to form a “snowman”.
- Seal the bag and fold over so that the bag lines up with the other side of the donuts. Use a sticker to hold in place. Use scotch tape as backup.
- Draw the eyes, mouth, and buttons with a black marker. Draw the nose as a triangle with the orange marker.
- Cut short pieces of your string, enough to go around the donut and tie into a bow. Cut one piece per snowman.
- Lastly tape your black hat onto the head of your snowman.
I hope your child and their classmates enjoy this special treat for the holidays!